On-Site Security Officer
- Gaithersburg, MD 20877
- Job Type
- Salary: $14.00 /hour
Immediate openings for Unarmed Security Officers in Gaithersburg, MD
**Must have a current MD Unarmed Guard license & reliable transportation**
Status: Full-time availability / $14.00 per hour
Shifts: Mon. - Sat.: 11am - 7pm, Sunday: 11am - 5pm (must have flexibility, including working on weekends)
St. Moritz Security Services, Inc. is one of the top American owned security companies in the United States. We employ over 2,400 Security Officers across 27 regional offices in 15 states. We have achieved tremendous growth over the past 30 years and we project a continued rapid growth over the coming years.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Greet guests as they enter the building, making them feel welcomed.
- Check identification cards to ensure guests are allowed in building.
- Control traffic in parking lot upon entrance.
- Reports all incidents, accidents or medical emergencies.
- Detects suspicious activities and watch for criminal acts or client rule infractions at or near assigned post which may be a threat to the property, client or employees at the site
- Responds to emergencies, such as medical and bomb threats; and to alarms, such as fire and intrusion by following emergency response proceedings.
- Comes to work; is on time and completes shift assignments (including overtime, if assigned).
- Is a good communicator (both verbal and written) and is capable of handling typical crisis situations both efficiently and effectively.
- Understands successfully executes his/her post orders including enforcement of client and company policies, rules and regulations.
- Must have CURRENT MARYLAND Guard Card
- Must have reliable means of transportation
- State issued photo identification card (including passport style photo).
- Complete an "Agent Application Information for Maryland Badges" form.
- Fingerprinting will be required for background purposes in the State of Maryland (between $65-$55 and will be reimbursed in your first paycheck).
- Must complete and pass drug test.
- Must be at least 21 years of age or older as required by applicable law or contractual requirements.
- Must possess ability to use good judgment under normal and emergency circumstances.
- Must be able to stand, walk for long periods at a time, including outdoors.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally, and in writing for the purpose of public interaction and report writing.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Ability to perform essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Willing to participate in St. Moritz pre-employment process which may include drug testing and full background investigation.
- Ability to maintain satisfactory attendance and punctuality standard.
- Neat and professional appearance.
- Friendly and professional demeanor.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and get along well with co-workers.
- Ability to handle typical and crisis situations efficiently and effectively at client site.
- Uniforms will be provided.
We offer an attractive compensation package including competitive hourly wage, training and opportunities for advancement.
St. Moritz Security Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Check us out at www.smssi.com
Posted 22 days ago