Hours are from 4:00 pm to midnight
Performs all Security Officer Duties and oversees security team members assigned to a shift. Duties include planning, scheduling, organizing, and directing work; training personnel, and recommending applicants for training opportunities or corrective action.
- Trains and enforces approved safety regulations at the work sites. Ensures the safety of clients, employees, and contractors maintaining confidential information.
- Executes procedures and processes to provide physical protection for personnel and company property and meets required codes and regulations. Ensures Security Team shift priorities are followed based on policies and procedures.
- Communicates clearly and effectively with management, employees, clients, partners, and vendors.
- Supports and conducts internal investigations in accordance with legal requirements and company policies. Review incident reports for clarity, correctness, and submits for approval.
- Organizes and conducts pre-determined actions and renders first aid in emergencies such as accident, fire, and illness.
- Assists with the administration of the operation of all security-related systems during shift.
- Ensures that all Security Team members assigned to a shift meet all STM Grooming and Uniform Standards.
- Assists with department responsibilities in regards to completion and individual management of purchase orders. Develops and maintains positive security vendor relationships in the best interest of STM.
- Reviews utilization and maintenance of security equipment on site.
- Maintains and recommends changes or improvements in the software recordkeeping system for security team activities.
- Recommends to the site Security Supervisor ways to improve physical security and/or correct department function.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Traits:
- Be keenly alert at all times to surroundings alerting all employees and other team members to possible threats or situations requiring immediate attention.
- Is able to deal with a stressful environment; maintains calm demeanor during emergencies.
- Possesses the ability to rationally communicate with rational cognizant abilities.
- Able to make quick, concise decisions while managing many tasks at any one time.
- Ability to work calmly in a high-stress environment while assisting with multiple client and employee requests
- Able to be highly confidential.
- Proficient with computers to include the utilization of Microsoft programs such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Manages stress and/or fast-paced effectively.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Team Player
- Follows instructions
- Valid guard card
- Valid firearms permit
- Valid Class C California driver’s license and clean DMV record
- Baton permit
- Mace or chemical weapons permit
- High school diploma or GED. Two years of college preferred.
- Law-Enforcement and/or Military Schooling a plus.
- Minimum of 3-4 years' experience in law enforcement, military security, industrial or governmental security or an equivalent combination of same which includes:
- Standard methods, practices, tools, and equipment for the security team.
- Occupational hazards and safety rules.
- Extensive knowledge of Security Best Practices.
- Command of the English language with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely in both written and verbal methods.
- Must have experience in the administration and operation of access control systems, CCTV systems with digital recording, and photo ID systems.
- An approximately equal amount of time sitting and walking.
- Requires the ability to bend, reach, and stand for extended periods.
- Able to hear and speak into a telephone and walkie-talkie.
- Close visual work on a computer terminal.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate any required computer keyboard, mouse, and other technical instruments.
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Able to climb a ladder and work on a raised platform.
- Exposure to different weather conditions while conducting facility and ground patrols.
- Exposure to unpleasant fumes and odors.
- Exposure to hazardous work environments.
- Data Center environment, including outside perimeter and grounds.
- Data Center environment with varying temperatures and loud noises.
- Extensive daily usage of workstation or computer.
· Must be comfortable working in a highly critical, fast-paced environment shifting priorities.
· Must follow PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) guidelines as determined for the position.
· Must wear STM security uniform and proper footwear.
· Must be able to respond to emergency situations throughout the assigned region.
· Must be willing to work outside normal business hours, including weekends, late nights, holidays and be part of on-call escalation protocol.
We offer a great team-oriented environment. We treat our employees as individuals, not numbers! Advancement opportunities and additional training available for professional development!
Veterans and former law enforcement professionals strongly encouraged to apply!
Attn: Human Resources
Strategic Threat Management, Inc.
2504 Verne Roberts Cir, Suite 103
Antioch, CA 94509
Office Hours: 9 AM - 5 PM, Monday - Friday
“Serious Business, Serious Results”