Job Summary This job is no longer available.
Armed Security Officer
- Chicago Heights, IL 60411
- Job Type
- Salary: $15.00 to $16.00 /hour
IMMEDIATE openings for Armed Security Officers in Chicago Heights.
**Sign-on bonus!!! $250 after 90 days of employment, additional $250 after 180 days**
MUST have all Armed credentials, including own a firearm and reliable transportation.
Full- time & Part-time availability
"Essential Workers needed"! St. Moritz Security Services, Inc. is one of the top American owned security companies in the United States. We employ over 2,400 Security Officers across the US. We have achieved tremendous growth over the past 30 years and we project a continued rapid growth over the coming years.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Patrol facility or man post as instructed and serve as a general security presence and visible deterrent to crime and client rule infractions.
- Detect suspicious activities and watch for criminal acts or client rule infractions at or near assigned post which may be a threat to the property, client or employees at the site.
- Report all incidents, accidents or medical emergencies.
- Respond to emergencies, such as medical and bomb threats; and to alarms, such as fire and intrusion by following emergency response proceedings.
- Comes to work; is on time and completes shift assignments (including overtime, if assigned).
- Is a good communicator (both verbal and written) and is capable of handling typical crisis situations both efficiently and effectively.
- Understands successfully executes his/her post orders including enforcement of client and company policies, rules and regulations.
Qualifications & Education Requirements
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older as required by applicable law or contractual requirements.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- At least two years verifiable work history.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing for the purpose of public interaction and report writing.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- Ability to perform essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Willing to participate in St. Moritz pre-employment process which may include drug testing and full background investigation.
- Ability to maintain satisfactory attendance and punctuality standard.
- Neat and professional appearance.
- Friendly and professional demeanor.
- Ability to provide quality customer service.
- Ability to handle typical and crisis situations efficiently and effectively at client site.
Special Requirements & Preferences:
- MUST have a valid PERC card.
- MUST have a valid FOID card.
- 40 hour armed certification.
- 20 hour certification.
- Most recent requalification.
We offer an attractive compensation package including competitive hourly wages, benefits including health, dental, vision, voluntary benefits, 401(k), training and opportunities for advancement.
St. Moritz Security Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Check us out at www.smssi.com
Posted 30 days ago