Join one of the fastest growing security companies in the U.S.! Since 1998, Sunstates Security has established a reputation for providing excellent customer service and quality work environments while being recently recognized as one of the top 25 largest security providers in America. At Sunstates Security, we're committed to hiring, developing and retaining a diverse and exceptionally qualified workforce. As a result, our employees are skilled, knowledgeable and dedicated to providing clients with flawless security service and the peace of mind that comes with it.
We work hard to recruit and to retain the best and the brightest people for each client and every site location. We instill in our employees the Sunstates promise to provide a safe, disciplined and friendly work environment with an opportunity for career advancement.
If you're searching for a career with challenging and rewarding opportunities, we invite you to explore the possibilities at Sunstates Security. As a proactive security partner for some of the country's leading companies and organizations, we provide careers for talented people to become part of a successful, growing company.
Job Skills / Requirements
We are seeking a qualified candidate to fill a security command center operator vacancy for a prestigious client in downtown Raleigh.
Specific Duties and Essential Functions
- Perform critical physical safety and security duties to include (but not limited to): alarm management, emergency response, critical incident management, emergency response, access control, investigation support, traveler support, and customer support.
- Collect and validate intelligence, assess the credibility of source information.
- Deliver timely, accurate information and reports as requested by managers and partners.
- Troubleshoot and support security technical teams to identify problems and facilitate repair at facilities.
- Support Regional Security Managers in delivering security services in the assigned region.
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to possess and maintain any/all licenses, certifications, certificates required by law.
- Prior work or educational experience with various software applications including Google Docs or similar.
- Must possess a minimum of one (1) year of successful work experience in a security command center setting, call center, or similar.
- Work history to include demonstration of the following: Understanding of physical security best practices; Ability to easily understand and apply software manipulation, business logic; Ability to navigate and interface with other technology support organizations.
- Must be fluent in English
- Proficient computer skills with a strong comfort level interfacing with various software applications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to adapt to changing expectations in a fast paced, fluid business environment
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Possess a strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by law
- Must be legally authorized to work in the country of hire
- Must not use illegal drugs. Must be able to pass a drug test with negative results (except when undergoing documented medical treatment).
- Must submit to an extensive background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications, and Department of Motor Vehicle and credit checks if applicable
- FOR US APPLICANTS ONLY: May be required to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military. Physical Requirements and Environment: Office/Control Center; minimal to no exposure to extreme temperatures is expected. Working on computer and using telephone/radio while sitting or standing. Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Limited, to include some standing, bending, limited stretching and reaching.
A Security Officer may perform a multitude of duties as specified by the Post Orders and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP). The Security Officer will read and become extremely knowledgeable of Post Orders and SOP, and will be able to act quickly and efficiently according to such directives. Sun123
Education Requirements (Any)
High School diploma or equivalent
Additional Information / Benefits
Only candidates who meet our rigorous employment standards and who are excellent matches for open positions (as personally verified by Site Managers) are invited to join our security team.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and supporter of our military veterans!
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, 401K/403b Plan, Educational Assistance